Before choosing a casino, you must of course check its reliability, the games it offers and its seriousness. But there is another parameter that you must take into account: the payout rate. Have you ever seen the word “payout” followed by a percentage on a casino site? Do you understand what this means? If the answer is no, you should definitely read on, we’ll get you more information.
What is the redistribution rate?
The redistribution rate, otherwise called the transfer rate or payout in English, is the share of the stakes that the casino pays back to its players on all the sums that have been played. It is expressed as a percentage.Concretely, if the payout rate is 96%, this means that 96% of the total amount of money that was played in the casino is given back to the winners. The rest, 4%, goes to the establishment. The higher the rate, the greater the probability of obtaining a gain.
Generally, this rate is always less than 100% because the establishment must also be able to generate a profit. Nonetheless, it can exceed 100% for a short time during which player earnings were briefly high. Likewise, the rate may occasionally drop below the rate posted on the site.
The payout rate is significantly higher for an online platform compared to that of a land-based casino. The causes: less staff, automated systems, customers around the world,… For a virtual casino, the payout rate is on average between 94 and 99% for approximately 86% for a hard-core casino.
This rate may vary depending on the establishment and the games. Thus, the payout rate is lower on table games and higher on slot machines. It should also be noted that the redistribution rate has no relation to the game software used by the platform.
What are the types of payout rates?
There are two kinds of redistribution rate: the so-called “theoretical” rate and the “real” rate.The theoretical rate is a statistic calculated from all the winning and non-winning combinations of a machine, the exit frequency of those combinations and the payout. The result is a percentage given back to players who have used the machine optimally. If you see a redistribution rate displayed on a virtual casino, tell yourself that it is a theoretical rate and that it is the average for all the games it offers.
The real redistribution rate is the payout of a machine over a determined time. This is what was actually dispensed by the machine. This rate may be greater than 100% if the game has paid out several winnings, and less than the theoretical rate if the machine has not been used optimally.